We are your partner for retrofitting and modernization
The last few years have shown that a retrofit of existing systems may make more sense than replacing them with a new machine. The replacement of outdated components and addition of state-of-the-art technological enhancements is capable of significantly increasing the productivity and energy efficiency of older machines.
As a plant operator, this allows you to benefit from significantly lower costs compared to the purchase of new production equipment. The stable, high-quality basic structure of your machine thus remains intact and the costs associated with replacing large machines, such as relaying foundations, are avoided. Very often, this also means the machine is out of service for a much shorter period, thus considerably reducing the loss of production.
Benefits of a retrofit
- No lengthy approval procedures
- Significantly lower investment costs compared to a new machine/system
- Fast training of machine personnel since the basic functionality remains the same
- Cost-intensive alterations to the building's structure are unnecessary
- The existing, stable machine bed can be used
Manufacturer-independent modernization solutions
Manufacturer-independent we offer customized and multistage modernization solutions for your electric drive systems. Based on new drive components you can quickly reach an increased flexibility and productivity of your system having manageable investments. Existing systems are retrofitted with the latest Baumüller drive systems and user interfaces and thereby enable high system and process reliability.
Goals of machine overhaul
- Longer service life
- Increased production volume
- Improved product quality
- Increased efficiency of the plant, e.g. through energy savings
- Regulatory compliance (e.g. emissions reduction, workplace safety)
- Guaranteed supply of spare parts
- Integration of existing older system components into modern production facilities
- Recording of all processes and system data
- New technologies are employed, such as programmable logic controllers
- Discontinued and non-available parts are replaced
- Required interfaces to other parts of the system are created
- New drive technology is added to increase efficiency
Do you have questions, requests or suggestions about our solutions and services? Then get in touch with us – we look forward to speaking with you.